BC Hydro & Power Authority is a Canadian Crown Corporation serving over 1.8 million customers. These includes domestic and business electricity consumers across the state of British Columbia. Electricity supply in the Kootenay region is provided by Fortis BC while the city of New Westminster has its own electricity department for business and domestic electricity needs. Power Generation, Distribution & Transmission, all these operations are handled by the corporation.
BC Hydro offers a number of online services and customers and use this service by visiting the official website. If you are customer then you can pay your bill and manage your account online. You can also make stop and move request from the website. You can set up auto bill payment after creating your account. If you wants to use these services then you can visit the website and find the details regarding the online services offered by the electric utility.
Customers have many options to pay their electricity bill. You can either pay online, cash or cheque. If you want to make your payment online than you can do so by making payment through Online Banking, Electronic Fund Transfer, Credit Card Payment or make pre authorized payment from your bank account. For this you will have to enroll online. Detailed procedure for online enrollment for Pre Authorized Payment, Equal Payment Plan & Online Bill Payment can be read from the website.
How to Create an Account & Log in
- Visit the Official Website – www.bchydro.com
- Click on the “Your Account” link on the navigation bar.
- You can read here the feature, benefits, FAQ, modify your accounts and learn about the mode of payment.
- Click on the “Register for Online Access” under Manage Your Account
- Select the Account Type i.e. Home or Business
- Enter your information required to be filled in the online form. You will need Account Number & Last Bill Amount, this need to be entered and verified, this Step-1 of registration. Step & III requires you to enter name, email id, creating a password and selecting a Secret Question.
- Enter the details carefully and click on the submit button to register.
- Once you create your account, you can manage your account online for bill payment and using other online services.
- To use online services, login using your id & password.
You can use the online resource to find various services available to the customers. You can use a number of services online, few of them are as listed below.
- Set up New Service
- Report Outage
- View current outages & get information for future outage
- Paying Bill Online
- Making at Stop & Move service request
- Learn how to save energy
- Joining Team Power Smart and save money
- Learn the benefits of new meters in making the smart decision for usage of power
- Find the Residential & Business Customer Rates and learn how you are billed.
If you want to join BC Hydro for career development, you can find the latest jobs posting and career opportunities by visiting the official website.