Big W Careers Application Form Australia

Big W is  one of the largest discount department store chain operating in Australia. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Woolworths Limited. It is currently headquartered at Bella Vista, NSW, Australia. The store was founded in 1970s. It operates over 160 department stores across Australia and its competitor includes Kmart & Target, both of them owned by Wesfarmers. First BigW store was started in 1976 at Tamworth.Currently operating 164 stores in Australia, over 90% of these stores are located in New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (QLD), Western Australia (WA) & South Australia (SA) & Victoria (VIC). Remaining less than 10% of stores are in Northern Territory (NT),  Australian Capital Territory (ACT) & Tasmania (TAS). It is one of the largest employer among the Australian retailer.

Big W offers a number of in-store services which includes layby, parcel pick up and home delivery,  photo lab, pet center, Cash out facility, ANZ ATMs & Big W vision. All the stores may not includes all these services. In-Store layby service is not available at QV Melbourne, Doncaster, Auburn, Karrinyup, Box Hill, Caneberra Civic & Macarthur stores. BigW Vision are full service optometry store and they are open 7 days a week in selected stores, you can check the location from the website. Some of the store has ANZ ATMs which can be used during the store hours. Non ANZ customer using the ATM facility are currently charged $2 for every transaction by the ANZ directly. You can refer the online catalogue for viewing promotion, online clearance, week’s brochure, discount, new products etc.

You can start your career with BigW as Store Associate to Assistant Manager to Store Manager. If working with people is your cup of tea then you can be successful in store career. There are diversity of jobs at store and you can apply against the position which interest you. View the job description and check the qualification for the position to apply online. You can apply for the different positions available as an associate or store management team.  If you think that you will enjoy helping people in buying the product at store and you can bring smile on the customers face you will not only enjoy your job but find that career here is very rewarding and challenging.

There are also numerous other position if you think that working at store is not your cup of tea. You can support the people working in store by joining various other department. There are number of department at Corporate Office and you can make your career in Human Resource, Marketing, IT, Quality Assurance, Finance, Distribution Center, Property etc. to name a few. If you wish to work at Distribution Center or Corporate Office then you can also find many positions in administration, maintenance, engineering, transportation, warehouse etc. You can also find the internship and program for graduate. Look for the right opportunities which best describe your qualification.

Big W look after the interest of its associates. A large number of opportunities exist for the Big W employee. If you are already an employee and looking for the career advancement opportunities then you can visit the career website for employee and apply online. Internal employees can find the open position by visiting the relevant link from the career website of Big W or you can directly visit the url – and access it by signing it with your user id & password.

  • Store Associate
  • Store Supervisor
  • Service Supervisor
  • Replenishment Associate
  • Recovery Associate
  • Merchandise Planner
  • Assistant Store Manager
  • Checkout Operator
  • Lay-By Associate
  • Store Manager

How to Search & Apply at BigW Stores, Australia

  1. Visit the Career web page at –
  2. If you are an internal employee then you can visit the link meant for associate.
  3. New & Returning Applicants can visit the link at Search for Opportunities across Big W.
  4. You can further refine your search using job number, keyword, location etc.
  5. Click on the Apply button to proceed further. You will be required to read and accept the privacy statement before you can apply online.
  6. Login with your user id & password and submit the application. If you are a new user then create your job account/profile.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *