Chevron Corporation is a US based multinational energy corporation engaged in Oil, Gas & Geo Thermal energy. Its business span across 180 countries. If is one of the six oil supermajor and global leader in energy sector. Its headquarter is based in San Ramon, California, United States. It employs over 180,000 people for carrying out its business across the globe. It is 12th largest company in world according to Forbes 200 Global list of 2012.
It is one of the leading employers in USA & other parts of world. Recruitment at Chevron takes place through job events, campus placement and direct recruitment through advertisement in media. Career opportunities exists in different disciplines – whether you are looking for jobs in Marketing, HR, Legal, Engineering, Marine Operation, Health, Transportation etc. you can find a suitable job matching your qualification. A large number of jobs exists in upstream, engineering, exploration & transportation. You can look for the upcoming hiring events and job fair by visiting the website. Job is available country-wise and you can browse the specific link for current openings.
Candidates aspiring to join Chevron must beware of recruitment scam, there have been instances in the past when individual, organization an websites claimed to be representing Chevron had attempted to extract money by fraud. Such perpetrator tries to extract money from the job aspirants in the name of processing fee, work permit fee etc. You can read about such incident from the official website and action taken by the company against such perpetrator. You must be very cautious against fictitious email intended to commit fraud in the name of recruitment. Chevron does not charge any fee for recruitment and you must bring such activities in the notice of law enforcement and authorities of Chevron.
The corporation makes campus visit and conducts regular job fair. Those desirous of making career with Chevron can attend these events. List of college and universities and special recruitment event sponsored by various organization is listed on the website. You can find the details regarding the recruitment event from the website. There are Under Graduate & Graduate Development Program specially designed for students. There development programs are higher in numbers for Graduate students as compared to undergrads. Downstream & Chemical Engineering Development Program & Finance Development Programs are for undergraduate. While for graduates, there are more programs and hence better career opportunities.
Career opportunities exists across the world and you can explore the array of opportunities in different countries. You can choose from a list of countries to browse the latest jobs openings. Besides there countries, you can visit the link on the Job Search webpage to find the career opportunities in in Maritime Operations in US, International Maritime Operations and Global Mobile Assignments. To find the job opportunity select Angola, Australia, Canada, US, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, France, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia or any other country from the list.
How to Browse & Apply for Jobs at Chevron
- Visit the Official employment website at – www.careers.chevron.com
- To find here Upcoming Hiring Event and browse the Technical Jobs in Facility Engineering, Earth Science, Petroleum Engineering & Drilling & Completions.
- For other job opportunities click on “Find A Job” link to view country wise jobs openings and Additional Job Opportunities.
- To find a job in specific country click it browse the jobs in country say United States (Here you can read about the hiring process, career development support, compensation & benefits, career advancement etc.)
- Click on “View & Apply to Jobs” and search jobs using keyword, function, location etc., you can also create a job agent with specific criteria and be notified when new job is posted.
- Click the Job Title view the details and about job.
- Apply online using your Email ID & Password. If you are not a registered user at Chevron Career website then you will be required to complete registration and then login to your account for applying online and submitting resume.