Coles Supermarkets chain is the second largest supermarkets chain in Australia, the number one being Woolworths Supermarkets. It has over 740 stores across the Australia includig the BI-Lo stores. The company was founded by George James Col in 1914. The first store was opened at Smith Street in Melbourn. His father store known as “Coles Store” at Wilmot, Tasmania acted as training center for GJ Coles. Here he worked from 1910-1913 and acquired great deal of experience. The company has grown leap and bounds over the years through acquisition and expansion. Coles acqured John COnnell Dickes 54 stores, Beilby’s chain & Mathews Thompson grocery stores in South Wales. Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Wesfarmers is headquartered at Hawthron East, Victoria in Australia.
Coles Supermarket is a great place to work for in Australia and offers competitive salary and benefits to its employee. The company look after the interests of existing employees and tries to retain them with lucrative career advancement opportunities to grow. Those looking for the career opportunities in retail industry can look for the open positions in store as an associate or manager. At supermarket you can explore the various full time, part time and casual jobs openings. Coles Supermarket chain is a leading employer in retail industry and currently employs around 100,000 associates at its hundreds of locations spread across the Australia.
Those who wish to join the Coles Supermarket can explore the current open positions from the website. Find the suitable job opportunities which best describe your interest and match your qualification and skills. You can start your career as a store member or in the store leadership position depending on your qualification. If you are person with disability and looking for the employment opportunities with Coles then you can find the opportunities by visiting the relevant section on website. You can also contact at the telephone numbers given on the website to provide assistance in different part of Australia.
There are two ways of submitting the online application. You can either find the job which interest you and apply against the position or you can visit the “Expression of Interest” link and submit your online application. While filling the online application you must read the instruction carefully and provide the information honestly. You can choose up to 10 locations and it helps in finding the right job for you. Communication to application is usually done through email therefore you must have a valid email id. Once you submit the online application form you will receive the confirmation within 24 hours and after this you can check the progress of your application by singing in to your account. Here are some of the job which you might be interested in apply. You can explore all the current open positions by visiting the career website.
- Team Member
- Trade Qualified Baker
- Deli Manager
- Seafood Specialist
- Store Support Manager
- Grocery Manager
- Customer Service Member
How to Search & Apply Online for Jobs at Coles Supermarkets
- Go to official career website at – www.colescareers.com.au
- Visit the “Supermarkets” from the Main Menu
- Enter the Job Number, Location or Function to view the open position in Job Search Box on right side. Below this you can the heading “Express of Interest”, here you can also apply online by hitting the Submit button.
- View the open positions based on search criteria.
- View the Job Number, Work Type, Location, Closing date, Qualification & Experience etc. You can view description for a single or multiple jobs by selecting the desired jobs.
- Click on the Apply button and read the privacy statement and accept it to proceed further.
- Enter your email id and upload your resume in .doc, .docx, .txt and .pdf format. You can also import your linked in profile. Follow the instructions to complete the online job application.
- If you are a returning user then you can login with your email id/ applicant number and password and check your application status and edit your detail.
Applicant lodging the application can read the Coles Frequently Asked Questions which will answer your queries related to submission of online application and other information. In case you have a problem in lodging the online application then you can contact the Recruitment Center at 1800 170 947. You can also reach the recruitment team via email at email@example.com.