IKEA is the largest furniture retailer in the world with over 330 stores spanning across 30 countries. Most of its stores are located in Europe & North America. It is a privately held company with its headquarter based at Delft, Netherlands. The company was founded by a 17 year old boy named Ingvar Kampart in Sweden in 1943. The company is known for its architectural design of furniture. Out of five largest stores 3 are located in China of them two are in Sanghai and one in Tianjin and one in Berlin Lichtenberg, Germany. The largest store is located at Stockholm Kungens Kurgva in Sweden. The stores are generally located in the developed countries and it does not have much presence in developing countries. The company is planning to open 25 outlets in India, the largest democracy of world and one of the biggest economy in Asia.
IKEA is one of the biggest employers in retail industry. It employs around 1,30,000 people across the world operating in more than 40 countries. It offers a great degree of career diversity and job seekers can find the jobs in different work areas. You can choose to make career in Stores, Product Development, Purchasing, Distribution, Customer Service, Food Services, Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain, HR etc. Whether you are looking for the career opportunities in your country where IKEA has its retail store or international career opportunities you can apply online against the open positions from the website.
Jobs at IKEA are broadly classified as National & International. National job means vacancy in a country where employee is not required to visit abroad. On the other hand international job requires moving to other countries also. As company operates globally, therefore job seekers can find the employment opportunities with IKEA where it operates its stores as well as in international destination. You can find open positions in different disciplines and apply against the open positions which perfectly match your qualification. If you think that there is no current open vacancy which is the best fit for your qualification then also you can submit your cover letter and resume so that you can be contacted whenever a suitable job arise matching the qualification.
As there are large number of career are to choose from. People who wish to make career can find the job opportunities by visiting the official website and explore the open position. Whether you are in United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, China, Singapore, Japan, France or any other country where the IKEA is operating you can explore the employment opportunities in the country of your residence. Once you find the job you are looking for you can follow the instructions and apply online from the official website. A typical job openings at company may includes the following types of jobs openings.
- Junior Accountant
- Sales Coworker
- After Sales Team Leader
- Call Center Representative
- Carts Worker
- Call Center Resolution Agent
- Children Play Area Coworker
- Custom Administrator
- Deputy Human Resource Manager
- Dishwasher /Busperson
- Facility Manager
- Goods Flow Team Leader
- Graphics Communication Coworker
- HR Business Partner
- In-Store Out-Flow Coworker with Forklift Experience
- Interior Design Manager
- Kitchen Planner
- Local Marketing Specialist
How to Search & Apply Online for Jobs
- Visit the Official Career website at – http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/the_ikea_story/working_at_ikea/index.html
- You can search the job in United State/Canada or any other country from here.
- You can filter the jobs using the filters e.g. Work Area, Location, Language etc.
- Click on the job title to view details such as Job Assignment, Requirement and Qualification, Job ID & Removal Date etc.
- Click on the Apply Now button to submit your online application and CV, if you wish to apply later then you can save it to your job cart.
- For applying online for the job, you must login to your account using your User ID & Password. If you are a new user then you need to register and create your career profile and login id and password.