Kmart Australia Limited is a subsidiary of Wesfarmers. The company was founded in 1969 and currently it is headquartered at Mulgrave, Victoria in Australia. It runs departmental stores in Australia and New Zealand. The company came into existence as a joint venture between US based SS Kresge Company & Australia based GJ COles & Coy Limited. The first store was opened at Burwood East in April 1969 and it was a big success from the day one. On the day of opening the store there 40,000 customers passing through checkouts. The store had been closed just 45 minutes after the opening on the first day owing to huge rush of customers. SS Kresge Company which had 51% share in the company exchanged it for 20% stake in Coles. The name Kmart is used by the Australian company, Wesfarmers in New Zealand & Australia under license from the Sears Holding Corporation.
Those who are looking for the career opportunities in retail sector in New Zealand or Australia they can apply against the open positions. The company offers a large number of career opportunities in Store Operation, Merchandise Management & Planning, Marketing, Office Administration, Business Development, HR, IT, Corporate Affairs etc. You can search and apply for full time, part time and casual jobs opening in different stores located across the store. A large number of job vacancy are found in the city of Sydney, Greater Hobart, Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Adelaide, Perth, Toowoomba, Launceston etc.
More than 70% of stores are located in New South Wales (NSW), Victoria & Queensland state and Australian Capital Territory (ACT). Hence most of the jobs opportunities exists in the eastern part of Australia. Currently Wesfarmers operates 187 stores under the name of Kmart, of which 172 are located in Australia and 15 in New Zealand. Therefore people looking for the career opportunities in retail industry in New Zealand they can also apply against the open positions. You can find the store location in your area you can visit the store locator. Jobs openings can be searched in WA, VIC, TAS, QLD, NT, SA, ACT & NSW regional & metro area from the career website.
How to Apply Online for Jobs Openings in Kmart Australia / New Zealand
- Visit the Official Website at – http://www.kmart.com.au/Jobs.aspx
- For Store Jobs visit the link “Jobs in our Store”, If you are looking for the management jobs or career at national office then you should visit the another link given below on the career website.
- Now you can search the open positions using the Work Type such as Casual, Full / Part Time, Job Function & Location.
- Click on the Job ID/Title to view details, you can apply online, send it you friend via email.
- Follow the instructions for applying online, you must register for applying online. If you are already registered then you can login to your job account and update/ submit online job application form.
Jobs in New Zealand : You can also download the PDF Application Form for store jobs and fill it up and submit it. Those looking for the career opportunities in New Zealand they can visit the website – www.kmart.co.nz/careers. If you do not find a job you are looking for then you can subscribe for job alerts by email. You can look for the career opportunities in Albany, Hastings, Bayfair, Manukau, St. Lukes, Hamilton, Botany, Whakatane as well as other locations in New Zealand.