Meijer is a privately owned company founded in Greenville, Michigan in 1934 by Hendrik Meijer. The company came into existence during the great depression and it has made rapid progress. The founding chairman of the company was very innovative and experimented with new ideas. It was the Meijer who first introduced the self service and cart service in retail industry. It is regional hypermarket chain operating in United States in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky and Indiana. It currently operates about 200 stores of which 50% are located in the state of Michigan. It is one of the biggest employers among private owned retail store chain. It employs more than 60,000 associates. The supermarket chain sells a large variety of products which includes Groceries, jewelry, bedding, clothing, furniture, electronic goods, housewares, footwear, gasoline, pet supplies etc.
Those who wish to make career in the retail store chain they have excellent score to learn and move ahead in the career path. The company offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals and recent graduates and students in different work areas. Students & recent graduate can join the internship and leadership development programs offered by the company. Experienced professionals can apply against the senior positions in their area of expertise. The company offers diverse career opportunities in supermarket stores, distribution center and corporate office. Whether you are looking for the hourly positions or full time employment with company, you can search and apply online for the job which interest you.
Meijer has appeared in the Forbes list as one of the 75 most reputed company in United States. Careers opportunities at company are broadly divided into three groups – Leadership Programs for Experienced Professionals, Hourly positions in Distribution Center, Corporate Office & Retail Stores and Internship and entry level opportunities for College Students. The experience you have gained in store, distribution or corporate office in the relevant sector will not only provide leverage your past knowledge but also helps you in moving ahead in your career growth. If you are a student or a recent college graduate you can find the various internship and entry level programs for applying your class knowledge in real world life and also allows your to gain first hand experience.
Hourly positions are available in all type of facilities and if you wish to make some extra money or do not have time to pursue the full time career then working as hourly associate can be the right choice. There are various positions where you can work as hourly associates in store or corporate office and explore the world of opportunities which meets your requirement and suits your qualification. If you think the hourly positions are the right job for you then you can explore the current open positions from the website. Some of hourly jobs available may include the following Job Titles and details regarding these positions can be read online from the career portal.
- Food Clerk
- General Merchandise Clerk
- Deli / Bakery Specialty Clerk
- Bagger / Utility Worker
- Pharmacy Technician
- Gas Station Team Member
- Cake Decorator
- Warehouse Associate
If you are an experienced professionals and looking for further growth and have potential to lead, motivate, train and mentor the subordinates then you can join the leadership programs. The company offers diverse career opportunities and you can find the job which best describe your qualification and skills. You can choose to apply in the areas of HR, Marketing, Legal, Real Estate, Supply Chain, IT, Finance, Distribution etc. If you looking to manage inventory, plan sales strategy, train people, drive sales, manage real estate, research consumer trends etc. then you can explore the corporate jobs opportunities or managerial positions in retail stores and distribution center. Here is a glimpse of jobs which you may find among others with company in diverse career areas.
- Procurement Coordinator
- Grocery Team Leader
- Market Director
- Associate Buyer
- Employee Relation Manager
- Mobile Marketing Specialist
- E-Commerce Supervisor
- Merchandise Planner
- Product Development Manager
- Retail Financial Industrial Engineer
- Sr. Manager Credit Card Marketing
How to Search & Apply for Jobs Openings in Meijer
- Visit the Official Careers Website at – http://www.meijer.com/content/corporate.jsp?pageName=Meijer_careers
- Search the jobs types – Experienced Professionals, College Students & Entry Level Jobs & Hourly Positions to know about the job descriptions.
- Click on the Search button to find the current open positions.
- Select the different criteria to view the open positions. You can search jobs openings using basic/advanced search options.
- Click on the Job Title to view details – qualification, requirement, responsibilities, job location etc.
- Click on the Apply Now button for submitting the online job application and resume/CV.
- Login with your user id & password. If you are not an existing user then you need to register and create your job profile and user id & password. Sign in with your login details and complete the application form.