Jobs at NBC Universal
NBC Universal is an American media & entertainment company. It as It was founded on May 11, 2004 and it is headquartered at GE Building, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York City. It is a Limited Liability Company which serves globally. The company is a join venture between Comcast & General Electric with 51% & 49% share holdings respectively. It has a large number of divisions for various functions and three subsidiaries i.e. TV18, Canal+ and Studio Canal. TV 18 is joint venture with Network 18, Canal+ & Studio Canal with Vivendi.
The company operates with global customer base. It products are based on medial and entertainments. It is engaged in marketing and production of news & media. The company owns and operates TV network, Cable Channels, Stations, Production Companies and Theme Parks. HULU a very popular media site is a joint venture with Fox Entertainment Group & Disney ABC Television Group. The company also owns a number of parks and resorts in US, Japan & Singapore.
The company tries the attract the best available talent and at the same time it offers a number of benefits to its employees. Candidates looking for the jobs opportunities at NBC Universal, they can check the benefits available to the employees. These benefits includes Medical, Dental, Insurance, Retirement, 401K, Health, Flexible Spending Accounts etc. to name a few. You can read in details about these benefits from the official website of the company.
The company has a dedicated career site which offers the latest vacant positions updates online. People in search of jobs can visit the career portal (www.nbcunicareers.com), besides this site, it has one more job site dedicated to international careers (http://nbcuni-internationalcareers.com). Career opportunities at NBC Universal can are divided into two categories i.e. Early Career & Leadership Programs and Internship. Internship is available in a number of disciplines. These internship broadly can be categorized at East Coast Internship & West Coast Internship. You can choose from a number of programs available for intern which are as follows.
- Ad Sales
- Finance & Accounting
- Graphic Arts, Digital Media & Editorial
- Universal Pictures
- Human Resource
- Corporate Function
- Universal Studios Hollywood Operations
There are many other internship available to students who can find detailed information in this regard from the official career site of the company, from there you can find all internship programs, selection procedure and procedure for submission of application.
Under Early Career & Leadership Programs, you can find a large number of employment opportunities. Details regarding these programs are available on the website. You can choose to apply for East Coast or West Coast program by visiting the website. List of employment opportunities available under the Early Career & Leadership Programs are as given below.
- Entertainment Associate Program
- News Associate Program
- The Tim Russert Fellowship Program
- Experienced Commercial Leadership Program
- Writers on the Verge
- Diversity Initiative for Writers
- Talent Diversity Initiative
- Production Apprentice Program
- HRLDP Program
- Operations & Technology Leadership Program
- Universal Pictures Leadership Program
Applying for the Jobs & Internship
Those who wish to make career with NBC Universal they can search and apply for jobs and internship by visiting the official job site. Procedure for submission of online job application is very simple. Just find the jobs which match your skills and apply by following the instructions.
- Visit the official website – www.nbcunicareers.com
- Search for Jobs or Internship
- Read the instructions, job description and benefits available to employee from the website
- Click on the Apply Now link to apply against the particular jobs
- You will be required to login using your email id and passowrd
- If you have not created login, then you must create one, for this you will be required to enter your email address and password and select a security question and answer to this question. Password length must be from 8-25 characters and it must contain atleast one special character as instructed on the Create Login Page.
- If you are already a registered user then sign in to your account and apply for the job.
If you are looking for the international careers then visit the website (http://nbcuni-internationalcareers.com/) for further details.