Subway is a fast food restaurant chain operating across the world. The brand is owned and operated by Doctor’s Associates Inc (DAI). It sells submarine sandwiches called subs and salads. The menu and ingredient varies among different countries due to food law requirement and other reasons. By end of June 2012, it is the largest restaurant chain in world by a single brand and second only to Yum Brands which operates with different brands, which is the largest restaurant chain. It operates in 100 countries with 37,000 thousands spread across the world. It was founded in 1965 at Bridgeport, Connecticut in United States by Fred DeLuca and Peter Buck and currently it is headquartered at Milford.
Subway Sandwich Artist is an entry level position which is the backbone of restaurant. Qualification for this post is generally High School or equivalent and ability to handle Point of Sale and Cash Register. He must be physically fit and able to lift 10 pounds weight frequently and 30 pounds occasionally. He is required to perform a number of duties and reports to Shift Manager, Assistant Manager or Manager. His job responsibilities require to prepare food, serve the customers, maintain food safety, greet guest, collect payment, maintain professional standards and appearance etc. Over a period of time a Sandwich Artist can rise to the position of Multi Unit Manager.
Sr. Sandwich Artist : You can rise to this post by promotion from the post of Sandwich Artist or you can apply for this job if you have an experience in quick service restaurant and able to understand verbal and written instructions. Besides this you must have passed high school or equivalent examination. You must fulfill all other eligibility conditions required for the post.
Shift Manager : This post if placed above Senior Sandwich Artist and below Assistant Manager. To be eligible to apply for this post, job seeker must have a High School Diploma or equivalent qualification and one year experience in quick service restaurant. This is very responsible positions and requires to perform the task of sandwich artist as well as train newly inducted people, control inventory, inspect storage facility, supervise staff and also perform the paperwork.
Assistant Manager : High School Graduate with experience in similar restaurant can apply for this post beside being physically fit. This positions is place above Shift Manager and directly below manager. He is required to manage a staff of 4-12 people. He reports to Manager or Restaurant Owner.
Manager : It is a very senior position at restaurant and is responsible for overall management of restaurant. He has to plan, supervise, promote sales, maintain business records, support local and national marketing initiative etc. A High School Graduate but college degree is preferred with at least 2 years experience in similar area is must.
Multi Unit Manager : This is a senior position laden with lot of responsibilities. Candidate looking for this post must be a High School Graduate but College degree is preferred. The applicant must have 3-5 years experience in quick service operational environment with excellent communication skill. He is to act as a leader, mentor, coach, coordinator. He has to train the subordinate staff and ensure operation procedures are followed properly.
How to Search & Apply for Restaurant Jobs
Those looking for the restaurant jobs in Subway they can apply against the positions discussed above subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions. You can browse the open positions in your city and apply online. View the jobs description from the official career website and apply online.
- Visit the official job site at for store positions at – www.mysubwaycareer.com (You must install the Microsoft Silver Light Plugin to use this site, to download and install plugin click on the Subway Logo on this site and after download click run to install and follow the wizard)
- View Job description, career ladder etc. by visiting the relevant link to ascertain your eligibility for the post.
- Click on the Apply Today link and search for the restaurant location where you wish to apply using zip code, city, state etc.
- Hit the apply button after selecting the restaurant and enter your name, email address. You will see Thank You page after submission of your detail. You will be sent a link to apply online in your email id.
- Check your mail from email@example.com and follow the link to apply online. The link must be visited within 24 hours for submitting the online job application. Fill up your details for the job, read terms and conditions and submit your job application online. You can also take print of you application.
Jobs are grouped as Headquarter, Regional and Local Restaurant Jobs.Those looking for the career opportunities in local restaurant they can visit the MySubwayCareer.com website. Job seekers in other two areas can visit the website given below to apply online. A typical job openings at regional and headquarter level may includes the following positions.
- Administrative Assistant
- Field Consultant
- Community Marketing Liaison
- Customer Service Representative
- Warehouse Receiver
- Internet Application Developer
- Territory Business Manager
- Store Manager
- Area Manager
- Manager Trainee
- Director of Operations
Applying for Headquarter & Regional Jobs
- Visit the website at – http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/careers/default.aspx
- Click on the Headquarter ( To apply against Regional job visit the relevant link to view the open position by selecting the country such as Canada, England, France, Australia, Singapore, Philippines etc. and apply via email embedded in the Job Title) Job link to view the open position, you will be redirected to another site ultirecruit.com.
- Click on the Job Title to view requirement, responsibilities and other details.
- Click on the Apply On-Line link to login to your job account.
- If you are a new user the create your job profile and fill the online application form. To apply, edit your job application you must sign in with your user id and password.