The TJX Inc. is a group of companies operating in United States, Canada, UK, Germany, Poland & Ireland. Stanley Feldberg founded Zayre Corporation in 1956, but it was sold to competitor Ames while keeping the core brand TJ Maxx and renaming the company as TJX Inc. It is the largest apparel and home fashion department store chain in the world. The company deals in variety of products which includes Clothing & Footwear, Furniture & Bedding, Cosmetics & Beauty Products, Housewares & Jewelry. Its division includes TJ Maxx, HomeGoods & Marshalls. It is a public company and traded on New York Stock Exchange as TJX. Its headquarter is located at Framingham, Massachusetts. A brief details about the subsidiaries is given below. People looking for the career opportunities in TJX group of companies can explore the current open positions in America & Europe.
TJ Maxx : It is a subsidiary of TJX Inc. which was founded in 1976. It is one of the leading departmental store chain with over 900 stores. It is a leading clothing retail company in US. The products sold by the company includes Clothing, Furniture, Ladies Footwear, Giftware and bedding.
HomeGoods : It is another subsidiary founded in 1992. It has around 300 stores in United States. In Canada & UK it operates with name – HomeSense. A varieties of products sold by the company includes – Furniture, Rugs, Wall Decor, Kitchenware, Bedding, Gifts, Storage, Garden & Decorative accessories. It also has a department for kids known as HG Kids.
Marshalls Inc. : It is another subsidiary running more than 750 stores. It operates in 42 states and Peurto Rico in United States & Canada, the big stores are operated by the company are known as Marshal Mega Stores. It is the second largest apparel and home fashion retailer next only to its sister company TJ Maxx. You can find a wide ranges of clothing, footwear, beauty products and jewelry for men, women and kids besides housewares.
Winners : It is another subsidiary operating in Canada. It is modeled after the Marshalls and run around 200 stores in Canada. The company was founded in 1982 at Toronto, Ontario in Canada. It is not only one of the first but also leading off price department stores in Canada.
HomeSense : The company was founded in 2001 and operates in United Kingdom and Canada. It is a home furnishing store chain and operates over 80 stores in Canada and it operates with Winners. The stores operated under the name HomeSense is similar to those HomeGoods in USA. First store in UK was open at Poole and there are many other stores, some of them operating at Bristol, Nottingham, Birmingham, Romford, Staples Corner (London), Manchester, Gloucester, Cambridge, Cardriff etc.
TK Maxx : The company was founded in 1994 and based at Watford in UK. It operates in various countries of Europe which includes UK, Poland, Germany & Ireland. It is also an Off Price Retail clothing department store chain similar to TJ Maxx. It operates around 300 stores and sells budget clothing, bedding, footwear, household goods etc.
The TJX INc. is among the biggest employers in retail industry. It current employs over 3000 people at its headquarter, Framingham, Massachusetts and 142,000 associates in its different companies in America & Europe. Those who wish to make career with the worlds leader in apparel and clothing department store chain they can explore exciting and challenging career opportunities in different career areas.
If you are looking for the retail store jobs with TJX then you can find hundreds of open positions to work at 2000 locations. Eligible job seekers can either apply online or download the printable application form from the website. PDF application form is available on website for store opportunities. A typical store jobs can be one of the followings:
- Merchandise Associate
- Warehouse Associate
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Loss Prevention Associate
How to Search & Apply for Retail Job in United States
- Visit the Official Website at – www.tjxjobs.com
- Click on the Job Search button and select Full Time/Part Time check box and enter the Location / Zip Code to find a job.
- Click on the Job Title to view detail regarding the job description and posting date, responsibilities etc.
- Click on Apply for a Job and download the printable application form and submit it at store. To know about the job benefits available to hourly associate and full time employee visit the Job Benefits link.
Corporate, Distribution & Retail Management Jobs Search & Online Apply
If you are looking for career opportunities at Home Office, Distribution Center or in Retail Store Management then you need to visit the another career website of company. Here you can find wide range of career diversity and specialized jobs.
- Front End Control Officer
- Loss Prevention Detective
- Assistant Store Manager
- District Secretary
- Area Operation Manager
- Payroll Tax Accountant
- Application Software Engineer
- System Support Specialist
- Associate Buyer
- Technical Project Manager
- General Warehouse Associates
- Manager of Consumer Insight
TJX Home Office, Retail Management & Distribution Jobs Search
- Visit the career website at – www.tjx.com/careers.asp to find the latest employment opportunities or you can directly visit http://www.careers-tjx.com/tjx/jobboard/searchjobs.aspx
- Search Jobs using keyword, job family, store name, location etc.
- Click on the Job Title view job requirement, responsibilities, description and benefits available to associates etc.
- Hit the Apply Online Button to submit online job application, resume and create user login ID & Password. If you already have a job account at Careers-TJX.com then you can sign using using your user id and password and apply online